I am a native Georgian, born and raised in south Georgia. My wife, Laura, and I met at the University of Georgia. We lived in Decatur and Tucker before moving to Lilburn where we have been for 25 years.
I have been a teacher here in Gwinnett for 18 years. My wife, Laura, taught for over 20 years. And my daughters attended and graduated from Gwinnett public schools, so we saw many issues that affect our students and teachers from the perspective of both teachers and parents. Before becoming a teacher, I worked in the business technology sector for 14 years.
I have been interested in being involved in local government all my life and hope to be a part of positive change for our district. Important issues I want to work on include:
- Reducing class sizes
- Reduce the focus on standardized tests
- Increase career and technical education
- Provide more wraparound services for students and families in need
- Elevate student, parent, and teacher voices
- Fair and equitable discipline for all
- More emphasis on literacy
I ask you to please vote for me and I pledge to work on solutions for all students in our community.
And if you can, please donate. Any amount helps.
Do you like this page?